Hey! We’re HIRING!
Do you like going to galleries and museums? Do you have an opinion on Boston’s fine art scene? Are you an artist yourself, eager to share your experience with your community? This may be the opportunity for you! Boston Art Underground is seeking writers for its blog!
Click through for more information…
Although this is a volunteer-only position, what we CAN offer you is a chance to have your voice heard by the thousands of art-loving Bostonians who visit our blog each month — This is a great opportunity for students looking for a low-impact way to pad their resumes, art lovers who want to connect with like-minded people, and artists who want to share their unique thoughts on the arts-community in Boston. We’re a fun bunch of people who just want our neighbors to see the art that’s out there, if you feel the same, this could be a great position for you!
This is an online position.
What We Expect From You:
- 1 or 2 short (one-to-three paragraph) articles per week, about your assigned topic/area.
- A commitment of at least three months of articles (that means between 12-24 short pieces of writing, altogether).
- Regular contact/status updates with our main writer.
We are looking for volunteers to contribute columns to our blog in the areas of:
- Exhibition Spotlights: Posts highlighting art exhibitions in the Boston area.
- Exhibition Reviews
- Neighborhood Spotlights: Posts describing the arts spaces of an assigned neighborhood
- Artist Interviews
- Artist Journals: Day-in-the-life style posts about what it’s like to be an artist in Boston.
About Boston Art Underground:
Boston Art Underground was created to connect Bostonians to the art in their community. It consists of an interactive map of Boston’s galleries, a frequently updated blog detailing special arts events and exhibitions, and a local artist directory open to Boston artists of all mediums.
Stats and Commendations:
- Our website is visited by over 9,000 people each month
- We have held three “pop-up” exhibitions of local artists around the city
- Boston Art Underground is currently a nominee for the Mass. Cultural Council’s Commonwealth Awards in the category of “Arts Media”
HOW TO APPLY:
Email Samantha Burgoon at email@example.com the following materials:
- A short letter of introduction & interest, which should include information about your arts background.
- A writing sample (1-3 paragraphs) about a current Boston Art exhibition, in any style you prefer.
We look forward to hearing from you, friends!